I recently bought a fabulous dress. It hides my flaws and accentuates my assets. And it's blue. It's everything a dress should be.
I realized that some of you might not know about my favorite website, or one of them, anyway.
This is why I love them:
1. 1950's styles were designed for women who had curves. I don't mean just hourglass shapes, I mean hips and thighs and bellies, too. Their dresses are cut to enhance real women's bodies. Who doesn't look good in an A-line? Who doesn't want a wiggle dress that holds in their jiggly bits?
2. Speaking of real women, almost all of their dresses come in plus sizes as well as non-plus sizes. But here's what's unique -- they use real plus size models, not size 10 girls. Their larger sizes are shown on larger women, and they aren't afraid to look sexy, either.
|The Monica Dress|
3. Pinup Girls Clothing customer service is outstanding. If you call the phone number, a person answers who actually wears the dresses. They can give you helpful information, and you don't have to go through an endless automated system to talk to someone.
4. Their clothing is all Made in America. When was the last time you saw that?
5. They credit their photographers and models right on their website and provide links to their websites. It's like they actually support each other and try to help each other out. How odd.
Now, looking at their website, you may feel like the prices are a little higher than you are used to paying, but if you think about how much you spend on almost-fabulous-but-not-quite dresses that you wear once and never wear again, it really is worth it. The older I get, the more I want fewer clothes that make me feel like a movie star, as opposed to twice as many dresses that don't quite cut the mustard.
Of course, they have sales, too. Lots of 'em. There's even one going on now.
I have a bathing suit from them I am not ashamed to wear in public and I am 40 years old. You can't put a dollar value on that.
|I own this. You can own it here|
I now have a dress that transformed me into the head-turner my father said I would never be. I am so happy about it I had to create an unsolicited blog just to rave about this website. They are truly a fantastic resource every woman should know about.